interesting experiment.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Sun May 19 01:55:28 EDT 2002

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Here's another one.
>
> Can one yet get a readable report on installed hardware under
> Windows?

Actually, to be fair, one can, and has done for at least a couple of years
now.  I've used it to do such things as compile a hardware list to ease my
transition to Linux, and also to turn off the glide mouse thingy on my
laptop, you know, the thing that uses your finger, sleeveor whatever comes
into contact with the pad as a pointer, and whose left and right buttons
(yes, I know, why two buttons?) are in just the place where they're likely
to get pressed when you least want/need.

 > As I recall, there's such a
thing, but it writes a graphical > file. Not at all as friendly as dmesg.

I'll agree with you about dmesg, much nicer.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808