interesting experiment.

Cecil H. Whitley cwhitley at ec.rr.com
Sun May 19 01:05:56 EDT 2002

Hi,
even more usefull....
You've got your network settings set to "obtain an ip address
automatically"..... How do you find your current ip address?  Under 9x?
Under NT?  Under 2k/xp?
You have to remember which operating system and which command to use because
it's not the same in all cases.

Admittedly the learning curve is less steep, but the os itself is less
powerfull as well.  Fewer features directly relate to easier to learn.  Less
capability also directly equates to less learning needed.  GUI's have some
benefits, almost any 1d10t can erase/format his/her hard drive in less time.
It's amazing how fast sighted people can trash a windows system.  Keeps me
employed anyway.
Cecil