interesting experiment.

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 18 01:33:47 EDT 2002

that sucks,
I used jaws because at the time I didn't know any better and I was steered
in that direction by the people in the um. know.
but thing is to pay through the nose for authorization for nt/2000/xp
really sucks and the prices they ask are out of my league.
if I want to use my computer at home I'm either resigned to using pirated
software or GNU/Linux.
I don't have the money to go spending on the software I want for windows
because they ask too damn much and I'm on limited income as are a good few
of us here.
I wouldn't even be considering this option if I were in the position of
the vendors themselves.
it just gets my goat that they want us to use computers out there and
won't be accommodating when we want to do just that.
as it was I've already spent $1400 alone on jaws for windows and I had to
take out a personal lone to do it.
if they want us to use computers in the windows world, they should make
the pricing accessable too.
it seems to me that everyone that codes for microsucks is in it for the
dollars either to line their pockets or to pay microsucks for the
outrageous licencing fees for the use of their code.
ok I'v ehad my whinge for the day.
Shaun..