xwindows

Erik Heil eheil at rcn.com
Wed May 15 09:13:54 EDT 2002

Hi, Steve.  I would be interested in helping to create such a tutorial.
However, we would have to have some standard course, because their are so
mahy istros out there.  It may be safe to assume that I would concentrate on
Debian, because this is mainly what I am ufamiliar with.  As far as setting
up Lynx and pine goes, that's a pretty streight forward process.  You nneed
not be concerned with building the applications from source code, because
there are always precompiled binaries available.  In my case, editing a
makefile and building a particular application from its source tree really
isn't a problem.  Then again this might be considered an advanced topic.
I'd be interested to hear any comments from you and the list at large as a
whole.  For those of you who may be at the NFB convention this year in
Louieville, I was even thinking of doing some Linux promoting, perhaps
creating a few CD sets of the binary and source Debian distros.
--Regards,
Erik