Consensus opinion required - was 'more worms'

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Tue May 14 20:20:53 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Hmmmm, interesting opinion, the man wants people to be accountable.
How refreshing!  How innovative!  <smile>  Well, since Raman has
somehow gotten VM to parce HTML it isn't as difficult as it was before
to read it, but I still maintain that email messages should be in
plain text.

I dunnow why URL's don't work when they are in plain text, my mailer
does this.  But then, I'm not running Windows.

Steve, don't leave the list.  I think censorship is a strong word to
use in this case.  If our list restricts HTML, it isn't restricting
what's being said, only the method by which it comes.

But hey, I'm just a voter for plain text.  If you want HTML, that's
fine.  I'll go with the majority.

Maybe a simple request that people not send HTML to this list would
suffice.  Maybe I'm too cynical and crusty.  Maybe people *will* take
responsibility for their own software and be accountable.  It's a
novel concept, but I've seen miracles before now.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854