xwindows

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Tue May 14 14:52:40 EDT 2002

Also, you have to remember that just because we have access to a gui doesn't
mean it's going to be easy. How many times have i heard blind windowws users
complain that they did something but can't undo it or duplicate it because
they're not sure how they did it in the first place. Having a screen reader that
really allows you to sort out where you are and what you are changing or are
about to change would be vital.
My biggest concern for linux right now isn't gui per se; my biggest concern is
Internet accessibility. My main reason for being interested in Xwindows at all
is the hope of being able eventually to use a browser that will allow me to
access Internet sites that I cannot now access. I don't know if that is a
realistic hope, but that is frankly my main concern.