xwindows

Will Smith wilsmith at iglou.com
Tue May 14 13:51:19 EDT 2002

Hi there,

Actually there'd be good reason to design such a tutorial around a readily
available, relatively inexpensive PC available widely as a refurbished
unit.  Something like one of the Compaq 4000 or earlier HP Pavilion or
Dell come to mind.  Describe a unit using a Dubltalk card, Soundblaster
16, with their original CD unit.  Use a widely availble and solid modem
that works with linux.

This should cover it for a wide number of us who'd like to start with a
modestly priced and widely avalable PC, devoted entirely to running linux
for the first time.

I do realize hardware variations can cause troubles, and  that's why I
would recommend using a widely available unit.

Will
wilsmith at iglou.com