alsa 0.9.0rc1 problem

Nick Gawronski nick6 at ev1.net
Sun May 12 14:28:20 EDT 2002

      Hi, I have an odd problem with alsa version 0.9.0rc1 and kernel
2.4.18.  I am using speak freely the version that is on the speakup cvs
server and when I press the space bar to talk it says /dev/mixer, no such
device.  I upgraded alsa from version 0.9.0beta7 and ran in the drivers
directory ./snddevices.  The snd-emu10k1 module and all others for my
setup are loaded as before but when I do a ls on /dev/mixer it says that
file is there but bash says no such device or speak freely when audio is
sent and received.  What should I do to fix this problem?  All users are
in group root who will need the sound card.  bye

--
http://users2.ev1.net/~nick6
Home of Chihuahua Radio, the internet radio station that I run.