Verizon DSL with RH 7.2-- Help?

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sat May 11 22:36:51 EDT 2002

Hi Dave. I don't know exactly how to fix this problem, as I am unfamiliar
with this package and Rh in general. However, I can tell you that my
friend has Varizon and he has to connect to a vpn server to access the
net. Also, his NIC isn't assigned the ip, its his dsl modem. His ip to the
nic is something like 169.254.xxx.xxx. I'm not sure what would happen on
the Linux end of things, as I do not believe that Linux utilizes the
169.254.*.* address range unlike Winblows, which happens to somehow use it
for autoconfiguration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I'm just not very
familiar with dsl under Linux. Perhaps looking at the ethernet howto can
peroduce some answers?

Gates go to hell, your OS is waiting for you there!