Why does it need that much hard disk space?

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri May 10 22:47:52 EDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002 TALMAGE at somtel.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you mean by limited installation options?
> When installing Red Hat you can choose either workstation, server, or custom.
> The custom method of course provides the most flex ability, and any can be
> done in text mode, and via a serial console or locally.

Ok, maybe someone can answer this because I'm genuinely curious.

When in custom mode, how much guidance do you get?  I mean, I've already
talked about the Slackware method of dividing packages up into categories,
or used to be called disk sets for the days when that would work.  I find
this incredibly useful and a massive time-saver.  Btw, you can still
install the A series to flopppies if you want, according to the docs, to
get your system up and running.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808