Why does it need that much hard disk space?

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Wed May 8 16:51:36 EDT 2002

Hi. You are using redhat right? Or Debian? If you are using Debian, there is a program called dselect, which runs during the installation and prompts you for packages you want to install. This is after the base system has been installed. Dselect will automatically select programs for you, and it will install about 90 packages. I believe that since the packages are pretty small, you have a very usable system in about 300-500 mb. Note: Don't say no if whatever distro asks you if you want to install additional packages. I did this, and ended up with a system that was unusable due to its lack of programs. And I didn't have any installaiton Cds, so I had to re-install Winblows and create the disks from the iso images. Hope this helps, write back if you have anymore questions. Privately or on-list.