a couple qmail questions

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Thu May 9 23:53:35 EDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 1. Can I forward mail that goes to aliases to a different mailbox? If so, how?

Hmmm, don't know how Qmail handles aliases, but if you mean, for example,
mail comes in for person a, but that's aliased to person b's mailbox
either using /etc/aliases or whatever other means Qmail uses.  Person B
then wants their mail to go to some mailbox elsewhere, could even be
outside your network.  This can be done with the use of a .forward file in
B's home directory.  I don't exactly know the syntax, but if Qmail docs
can't help you, the Procmail man page and other docs probably can.

As for the second question, I can't help here as I don't use Qmail, I just
answered above from a general mta point of view.

Cheers, and hope it helped.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808