linking to dev cooridinates

Cecil H. Whitley cwhitley at ec.rr.com
Thu May 9 18:56:51 EDT 2002

Hi,
I was reading the scsi howto earlier today and ran across something you may
wish to pursue....  It indicated that if you were running scsiide that there
is a scsi.alias file in /etc that you can use to creatively rename the
scsiide name (/dev/scsi/sr0xxxxxx) where the x's are the host adapter,
target, lun, etc.  I remembered this email at the time and had to locate it
here at home in order to reply to it.  I found the howto on
linuxjournal.com.  Hope this helps.
Cecil