Why does it need that much hard disk space?

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Wed May 8 14:50:39 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Well, if you go with Red Hat, what do you expect?  Also, you do not
need to install *everything* on your hard drive at all!  I dunnow
about RH, but Debian gives you an option where you can select the
packages you want to install.  The X stuff you don't need yet, so
dispense with it.  Some of the other stuff you may not need either.
I'm sure someone here can help you to determine just what you do and
don't need to install.

Red Hat may have an install program for folks who want to do it
manually instead of installing the whole kitten-kabootle.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854