introduction

Cris Ali filastin48 at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 23:15:24 EDT 2002

Hello folks,
My name is Cris Ali from Washington DC.  This is my first time on this list.
I heard so much about Linux and speakup and hope to get some help on giving
it a try.  I am not a computer savvy, but if I am given clearn instruction I
am sure I would be able to learn at least the basics.  I never used neither
linux nor speakup, and have no idea where and how to start without sighted
assistance.  I am also not sure if I would need a special hardware
synthesizer, or whether I can use the built in sound card of my pc.  I am
hoping to be able to convert my retired 90 mhz pentium 1 into a linux box.
Any ideas would be extremely appreciated.  Again, I have no sighted
assistance.
Warm Regards,
cris ali filastin48 at hotmail.com.