emacspeak problem

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sat May 4 16:48:55 EDT 2002

Hi all. Perhaps this would be better suited for the Emacspeak list, but I
figured I'd ask it anyway just because this could have to do with Speakup,
not sure. When I go to run tcl to make sure the dtk-exp speech server is
working properly, I get the following: Could not open /dev/ttys0: i/o
error.

	I did an export DTK_PROGRAM=dtk-exp and an export
DTK_PORT=/dev/ttys0 as instructed in the Makefile. I also killed Speakup
before executing tcl /usr/local/emacspeak-15.0/servers/dtk-exp, and I
still got an i/o error when accessing /dev/ttyS0. Any ideas on how to fix
this? Thanks!