I swear to tell the truth, (fwd)

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Sat May 4 10:42:37 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Well, now, I don't see that at all.  Emacspeak has come out with
version 16, which includes a DAISY reader.  Debian is going to be
releasing its new version within the week.  IBM is experimenting with
Linux.  A lot of Asian countries are taking a long, hard look at
Linux.  In addition the German government is taking a long hard look
at Linux as well.  If Microsoft wants to keep ahead of the market,
maybe they need to do less marketing and more programming.  Maybe they
need to stop charging exorbitant prices for their stuff so that
others can use it.  I suspect that if Linux ever gets to the point of
giving access to X, the adaptive tech folks are going to have a hard
time selling their products.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons