spelling, was: Re: please help with bind 9.1.2

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat May 4 06:56:19 EDT 2002

Hi gang,
I have never felt more like a retired school teacher than I have
since this thread started! <smile>

I have found that using a spellchecker routinely makes its use a
lot more tolerable than just using it once or twice to see if it
works or not. It is a little like defragging a disk. If you only
do it once a month or once a year it takes forever. But if you
run it in an autoexec.bat file (remember those?) so it runs on
every system startup, you hardly notice it at all.

I have configured my mail program to use an alternative editor
implicitly (i.e., always, without my asking) and instead of
specifying an actual editor, I specify a very simple script. That
script first runs the editor I want to use, and immediately
afterward, it runs the spell checker. So when I compose an email
message and his the editor's exit key I find myself in the spell
checker. I have learned to quit checking as soon as I get to any
included messages.

In addition to satisfying my own anal retentive tendencies, the
nice thing about a well spelled message is that the voice
synthesizer behaves much much better.

Okay everybody, class dismissed!

Chuck

--