I swear to tell the truth,

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Thu May 2 06:31:34 EDT 2002

Alex,

Do not confuse the OS with the user interface. In fact the text
mode user interfaces are a lot more diverse than are the various
GUI's, most of which mimic the original Xerox PARC "Star", the
Macintosh Lisa, and the Mac OS.

Recommending a GUI for the blind is like recommending glasses for
them. A GUI requires eye-hand coordination to use it effectively.
A text mode interface does not.

But uniformity is irrelevant, IMHO.

Chuck

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Alex Snow wrote:

> I understand that because textmode os's are more uniform in nature.

Visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (68% of Full)