Instalation of Slackware 8.0 - help!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu May 2 13:43:16 EDT 2002

No, no, no.  Do not use those three files and do not fall back to 2.2.16!

The Slackware ISO images do contain a speakup.i file under the
bootdsks.144 directory.  Use that as your boot disk and be sure to include
the lilo parameters to select your synthesiser.  For example a doubletalk
user would enter something like
speakup_synth=dbltlk  I believe the defaults yield no speech because the
default synth is none.

You would enter the command "ramdisk ....

Actually, come to think of it, there is a readme.speakup or something like
that on the slackware disks; take a look there since more details are
given than what I just offered here.