Off Topic but could someone do me a favor?

Ed Barnes na007375 at janus.northatlantic.nf.ca
Thu May 2 15:03:04 EDT 2002

Hi Alex.
The best thing I can do here for you if your isp blocks both port 25 and
port 110 is wish you good luck if you are going to try to reason with
them.
The reality of the matter is that many isps just can't be reason with on
the subject of the ports they block when confronted by customers who are
trying to do what you're doing.
I know I tried to reason with my isp and I had no lick.
Luckally for me I found out yesterday that due to upgrading the phone
company's done round here I qualify for dsl now, so at the end of this
month the cable modem I have here is going, and as far as I know
Sympatico in Newfoundland doesn't block any ports so I should be ok for
running mail, web, and ftp from my Linux box.

Ed Barnes