Off Topic but could someone do me a favor?

Ed Barnes na007375 at janus.northatlantic.nf.ca
Wed May 1 04:17:05 EDT 2002

Hi Alex. From my ip 209.128.49.233, all standard tests failed, I.E.,
telnet to ports 22, 23, 25 and 110. Further, ping sent like 12 packets
before I interrupted it with ctrl c and none of them were received. of
course, this is due to one of several explanations and you have more
Linux experience than I do so you're likely the best judge. As you
likely already these causes might include the fact your isp are
assholes, excuse my language but my isp are too, your machine was off,
your ip is dynamic and you didn't update it in dhs's database, etc...
Note however that my attempts did resolve to an ip for what that's
worth.
I hope this is helpful.
Ed Barnes