ALSA INSTALL PROBLEM

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sun Mar 31 22:11:22 EST 2002

How about giving us your version of alsa? I've had the same problem when upgrading mine, but the fix is time consuming. What I had to end up doing is delete /lib/modules/2.4.18/. Then, I switched into the kernel tree, and ran
make modules_install
. Then I reinstalledthe alsa drivers by doing
make install
in that dir, and my other non kernel modules. That fixed the problem for me.
Greg