Memory Considerations

Georgina Joyce gena at gena-j.net
Sun Mar 31 15:17:54 EST 2002

Hi

Well you have 2 choices:

Option 1
Just start a GNU / Linux installation and use Linux fdisk to:

Delete the existing partition.  WHICH WILL DESTROY ALL DATA, I SAID, ALL
DATA WILL BE LOST.

Create a partition for nearly the whole of the disk, leaving 120Mb or
whatever you feel appropriate for swop space.  There's plenty of discussion
on using swop space with large amounts of RAM but my understanding is still
to have some.  Set the partition to type 83. which will be the default.

Create the a partition in the free space to type 82.

Now you can just go ahead and start the install.

Option 2:

Use partition Magic to resize the Windows drive and use the free space as in
option 1.