partition magic

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Sun Mar 31 11:22:28 EST 2002

Hi. You want to use Ext2, for this is the default filesystem that Linux
uses. For the number of cylindars, Partition Magic will usually set this
for you as far as I know. The only problem I have noticed with the program
is that if you re-size your windows partition and re-start the machine,
Windows stil reports the filesize as if you never re-sized the partition.
Provided you have unallocated space on your hd without any filesystem on
it, just install something like Debian and use Fdisk to create your ext2
partition. In my case, I nuked windows and now have a linux-only system.
If you want to set up a duel-boot system, you can try using partition
magic to create the Ext2 filesystem, but I can't garantee that it will
work.