Urgent please help!

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Mar 31 07:07:24 EST 2002

/mnt/floppy is the floppy drive and /mnt/cdrom is your cdrom.
If you are getting i/o erros on the hard disk like
hda: i/o error sector nnnnn uncorrectable error drive ready seek complete
you have a hard disk that has failed. It has probably exceeded the bad sector
count that can be a utomatically be remapped by the drive.
You might get things off the drive but it's a case of backing up what you n_need_ to keep
and backing up more often.
I have had plenty of drives fail in my time,
if you have no backups you just get drunk and deal with the loss next day :-)

Regards, Kerry.