X, lynx and audio

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Mar 30 23:24:49 EST 2002

Hi:

Can't answer your X question, but I'm sure someone else will.

Yes, the numbered links is a personal options entry, not in the lynx.cfg
file.  To make the settings stick, you have to check the "save options to
disk" checkbox, which is after the help link in the options page.

As for playing audio, you literally have many choices.  I use sox (via the
play command) generally for playing wav files.  You can play MP3 files with
mpg123 or freeamp or trplayer.  You can also use trplayer for realaudio,
which is what it's generally meant for.  but there are lots of choices for
all of these.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>