X, lynx and audio

Keith Heltsley keithh432 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 01:08:42 EST 2002

Just a couple questions.

1. For the sake of my son, who wants to play on my newly setup RedHat box,
how do I set up an account for him that will open in x-windows?  Can I make
it so x only opens when he logsin?

2. I managed to get the lynx rpm to install. wow, that was easy. Just a
matter of locating it on the right disk. Now, where is the lynx.cfg? I was
wanting to replace it with the one Janina included on the goodies disk.  Or
at least make lynx put numbered links in the browser. I found the setting in
the options but I either am not doing it right or the setting isn't being
saved, even after hitting the 'Accept' button.

3. I don't have any speakers hooked up to my sound card yet. I've just been
using the double talk speaker. What program do I use to play waves or mp3
files when I can find an extra speaker to plug into it? I know it's a dumb
question, but even on my previous shell accounts i never had access to
playing sounds over the network connection.

More questions to come, but that should do it for now:_)
Happy Easter
from
Keith H.

"When the student is ready, the master appears."
        - Buddhist Proverb