Urgent please help!

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sat Mar 30 19:29:33 EST 2002

OK, calm down, it's probably not as bad as you think, though I can
certainly understand that whatever has happened is unerving you.

First, let's take up first things. What exactly do you mean "fried?" I
don't believe there is such an error message. So, do you eactually mean
cumbusted in some kind of conflagration? Or is this a more prosaic problem
that we can probably rescue with linux rescue or single user mode? Do you
know about those?

Most to the point, what is the error message? What doesn't work.