alsa and sox questions

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 16:15:53 EST 2002

Hi Greg. One thing you can do is make sure the mixer settings on your card unmute line and make sure that line-in levels are up to a good level, then turn up the sound on the tape recorder until it clips and distorts. Then turn the volume back down slightly, and you should get a good recording level. I used to do this when recording tapes, and it worked great for me.