alsa question

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 23 17:33:39 EST 2002

Hi Greg. Then that's a major mistake in the alsa sound howto! Unless they just wanted readers to test whether or not binary code was being sent to the device? But that doesn't make sense. Besides the fact that the howto refers to an old version of the drivers. Also, what is the difference between /dev/snd/pcmC0D0c, and /dev/snd/pcmC0D0P? I know what the c0 and d0 mean, but what are the c and p for in the two device files?