dosemu: /var/lock permissions

Brian Borowski brianb at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Mar 23 11:18:10 EST 2002

Cheryl:
This sounds like the file might have been locked with chattr.
Do the 'man chattr'
and you'll see what this thing does; it sure had a couple of us fooled
here, when someone's system was broken and they had the file set to
immutable.  We couldn't change perms, no matter what we did until someone
clued into the use of chattr.

Brian Borowski