dosemu: /var/lock permissions

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sat Mar 23 03:53:07 EST 2002

To check the permitions of /var/lock do:
ls -ld /var/lock
the d option gives the permitions on the directory without listing the
contents. The permitions on /var should be fine,
to change the permitions on /var/lock do:
chmod 1777 /var/lock
No need to edit fstab, the permitions on a mountppoint are set by
the root directory that is mounted on that mount point.
I have /var on a separate partition as well, and my lock files work just fine.

Regards, Kerry.