system.map?

Igor Gueths igueths at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 22:14:10 EST 2002

Hi. I built my 2.4.18 kernel a while ago and have been ever since receiving the following message whenever I do ps ax: Warning: System.map not parsable. Then it outputs the list of pids anyway. Now, when I try to compile the alsa driver, utils, and libs, I got an error during the utils building process that it couldn't open /lib/modules/2.4.18/misc/system.map, or something like that. Could the System.map not be parsable do to the fact that I compiled in support for hardware that I don't have, so the file refers to devices that aren't there? But the only thing I did was compile in general scsi support in case I add some scsi adapters later, but I didn't compile in support for specific adapters. Does anyone know how I could fix the system.map so that I can build the alsa package? Thanks in advance!