another dosemu question

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Fri Mar 22 20:59:29 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm on a role here in terms of trying to get everything to work under dosemu. My next stumbling block is my cd-writer. It is an ide drive, that originally is /dev/hdc. However, I have ide-scsi emulation enabled with it, so that it is referred to as /dev/sr0 (yes, I do have that right).

Whenever I start dosemu, it tells me that no aspi devices were found. Upon looking at the relevent part of the long log file, I get:

CONF: aspi device /dev/sr0 not available

My configuration in dosemu.conf for this drive is:

$_aspi = "/dev/sr0:WORM:0"

What should I change, or better yet, should I present this ide-scsi emulated cd-writer as an ide and not scsi drive? Thanks in advance for any hints.
Greg