peaceful coexistance between linux and winblows?

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Fri Mar 22 02:11:29 EST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Alex Snow wrote:

> When I get all the computers back up on my network, I'm thinking of
> replacing the NT server with Linux.  I cant put linux on the other
> machines because no one else wants to learn it.  What
> software/configuration do I have to use to emulate some of the
> functions in NT or 2k?

Well, the main thing is that you will need to run a samba server for your
nt services.  On top of that, however, I'm not too sure as I've never had
to do this, but the samba service should then mean that your clients will
be given all the info they need with regards to such things as dns
addresses, gateway etc.

HTH

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808