help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Thu Mar 21 22:11:40 EST 2002

Thanks Greg!
Hope you've gotten my message by now regarding running as root. the placement of
the file confirms my theory; you have a local installation instead of the
system-wide installation. Haven't really looked closely at the file from
dosemu.org since i let debian install dosemu for me, but i think there is a way
to do system-wide installation. If you had a system-wide installation, your conf
file would be in /etc or /etc/dosemu.
Sorry if you thought i hadn't addressed this question but I did so, either in
the message where I requested this file or in the next one.
You need a _sytem-wide_ installation to run as root.
Hope this puts you on the right track.
Thank you for the file.
Hmm, haven't tried running megadots as root. Given that mine is a sytem-wide
installation, maybe that would work, but I'd really rather run it as user.