help with dosemu; getting very frustrated

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Thu Mar 21 21:18:41 EST 2002

Well, supposedly dosemu isn't supposed to need root privileges for serial
access, but I am beginning to wonder. And what you say with regard to the way it
works is true. Only if I want to run dosemu as root, I either have to run brltty
nonsuid root, which means you give up some things, or gorget about being able to
read the other consoles while in dosemu, or check this out with speakup and see
how that combination works. The third is probably what I will do. Until
recently, I often ran both speakup and brltty, but I gave my doubletalk to
friends whom I am helping to start on linux, and the braillelite's speech isn't
the
greatest. But for just experimenting, the braillelite speech will do; if it is
the only way to get this to work, I may just have to invest in another
doubletalk sooner than I had planned.