Needing to find a basic How-To.

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 04:29:18 EST 2002

Hi.  You might want to check out empowerment zone
http://www.empowermentzone.com
Select the link for Unix and you will get several books on using Unix as
well as Linux.
These are some of the titles they have:
* Guide to using the Unix operating system
     * Unix for Beginners
     * Berkeley Unix Primer
     * Taming the Unix interface
     * Brief Unix Overview
     * Unix Quick Reference Guide
     * Guide to Unix terminology
     * Quick reference to correspondence between DOS and Unix commands
     * Essential Information for MS-DOS Users Moving to Unix
Environments
     * Answers to frequently asked questions about Unix
     * Explanation of Unix file permissions
     * Explanation of Unix regular expressions
     * Compilation of tips about file types and endings, especially
those        found on Unix systems
     * Multimedia File Formats on the Internet
     * Beginner's Guide to Linux
     * Answers to frequently asked questions about the Linux version of
       Unix
     * Another, "meta" set of answers to frequently asked questions
about        the Linux version of Unix

          Kenny