question

William Hubbs kc5eiv at kc5eiv.ddts.net
Tue Mar 19 15:25:41 EST 2002

Hello Igor,

I'm not sure which distro you are using, but if you are using Debian,
you just set up the interface definition as follows in
/etc/network/interfaces:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# end of setup.

then as root type these commands:

ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

At that point, pump should configure the interface and also create a
/etc/resolv.conf.

William