drivers for an old network card

Terry Cudney tcudney at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 16 16:38:32 EST 2002

Hi Alex,

	You'll need to know the exact model of the card. I have an Etherlink III that is a 3C509b (not sure if the Etherlink III includes other models or not).

	Go to the 3Com website and find the setup program for your card. You have to run this utility programin DOS (just boot froma floppy, then insert the diskette with the utility program on it and run it from the floppy). This program lets you set IRQ and IOBase address. Set them and save them to the card. Then reboot Linux and set up the driver which you can compile into your kernel, or load as a module. Specify the IRQ and IOBase as per the instructions for modules (or on the lilo prompt if you compile the driver into the kernel).

HTH,
	--terry

You wrote:

-=> Hi.
-=> I got an isa 3com eathernet card, Think it's an eatherlink3.  Ware can I get linux drivers for it?  The card was made around 1992 so I think there might be something someware.

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(905)735-6127
E-mail:	terry at CottageInWasaga.com -or- tcudney at sympatico.ca
WWW:	www.CottageInWasaga.com

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.