Computer Science

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 15 16:44:10 EST 2002

Yes MVS/370 and of course now it's been the 3090 series for awhile.  I
can'treally be specific about details but when some funcitons of some very
critical software were re-written from ALC to C, performance detreriorated
so drastically that they had to abandon the project until pieces of the
compiler were re-written and I still don't think that the C Code  ever
performed comparably.