Computer Science

Brian Borowski brianb at braille.uwo.ca
Fri Mar 15 07:14:36 EST 2002

Our experience here, is similar.  People taught on the MS stuff, come in
here, think they're going to make a new world for us all, that will
obsolete the current one, but then they learn after a while that netbeue
isn't the only of talking to others, and for some reason, basic MS
networking doesn't work on a large scale, and visual basic and visual C++
aren't the only languages in the world, and there's more to IP networking
then MS said, and it goes on and on.

The latest surveys and articles aren't very supportive of java taking over
the world like sun and others were supposing, and if you can do something
in java, then someone might just come along and write it in C and people
will notice just how very much faster it is in C (which just blows java
away in speed).  Once again, java is a fine object-oriented language, but
OO isn't good for everything, in fact, it turns out, that it's a lot more
trouble for a lot of things, and it's also the case, that keeping things
simple when you can is certainly the best procedure to follow.

Brian Borowski