Dectalk PC and installing redhat with speakup.

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Thu Mar 14 23:30:44 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jeremy R Schmidt wrote:

> Hello everyone, I'm new to this list.
> I have had some experience with linux, mostly by telnetting in, or some type of remote client.
> I have a couple of questions. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will be before Speakup works with either the Keynote Gold internal ISA synth, or the Dectalk PC2 internal isa synth?
> Also, if I want to install redhat 7.2 with speakup talking, Can I use the .iso images I got from the redhat FTP site along with the speakup bootdisk? Or, do I need the Redhat images from the speakup ftp site?

you need the red hat images from the speakup ftp site.
and as for the dec-talk pc, and keynote gold,
I'm not sure if or when they'll be supported as for one thing the dec-talk
pc needs a dictionary file loaded in order for it to work and that's not
going to be easy seeing as how speakup comes up long before any file
system is mounted.
however, I've been known to be wrong. please anyone correct me if I am.

--
qShaun Oliver

Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
                -- Roger Price

Email: shauno at goanna.net.au
Icq: 76958435