FW: USA: Online book-sharing service for the blind borrows a page from Napster

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Mar 13 21:09:32 EST 2002

Hi folks!

In retrospect, everything afore-mentioned in this thread is most definitely
applicable to Speakup since the root purpose was to ascertain that Speakup
plus lynx plus Linux which is the Operating System supporting all of the
items above are able to work together with the application itself which is
Bookshare.

As  for the ensuing tangential thread! know what! it's still aplicable
because the Access and Usability  issues discussed herein are also most
definitely related.

There are many aspects which involve Speakup which naturally emerge because
all parties involved in this effort are essentially in their own unique
universe.  There is really no other forum quite like this one whereby we may
work together as a community comprised of naturally evolving teams to
resolve the unique issues of Speakup.  This List is not for the casual user
nor for the user who desires a tightly controled environment.  For such
constraints would severely stiffal the positive outcomes which naturally
emerge from our candid and open interactions.

Amanda Lee

Alexandria, VA