Questions about programs under Linux.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed Mar 13 05:00:50 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Shaun Oliver wrote:

> However, I belive one can download the source for openssl and compile it.
> this is what I did for the release of lynx that I have on my system.

Yes indeed, but this requires download, patching and recompilation of the
entire Lynx source code, not necessarily for the faint-hearted.  Having
said that, it ma y be possible to get rpm packages for an ssl-ready
version of Lynx, since I run Slackware and know from work-related stuff
how incompatible it can be with Redhat, I haven't tried even though this
system does come with the rpm program.

Cheers.
Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808