free programming language

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Tue Mar 12 06:22:45 EST 2002

Hi Randy,
I do not know of a basic for linux. This discussion got started
with a question about a beginner's programming language in a
windows environment, as I recall, so I did not give the question
of Linux programming much thought when I supported the use of
basic. It is true that basic is not a structured language, which
is not to say that one cannot write structured programs in basic.
But for sure I would not recommend dropping back to windows just
to begin programming in basic!!! I would rather begin studying
sanskrit before recommending that.

Chuck

Visit me at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck