speakup status was Re: now playing live.

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Mon Mar 11 10:30:01 EST 2002

Hi Janina,
I had the same problem and I cured it by using Kirk's latest keymap
which you can find in /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup.  It's called
speakupmap.map.  Gnu zip it and rename it to speakup.kmap.gz.  Then move
it to /lib/kbd/keymap/i386/qwerty            and loadkeys speakup.  That
should take care of Redhat at least.

     Jim Wantz