speakup status was Re: now playing live.

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Mon Mar 11 09:46:11 EST 2002

Janina,
I ran into a similar problem with compiling Kernel 2.4.17. With the help of Gene, we determined the problem to be that I was pointing to the wrong keymap. I was having the problem on a Redhat box, which I believe to be the distribution that you use.

To fix my problem, I did 2 things.
1. comment out the keymap in the keyboard file, I believe the path is /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
2. in the setup program, you just type setup at the command prompt when logged in as root, turn off keytables.

Hope this helps.

Steve Dawes
PH:  (403) 268-5527.
Mailto:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca