peaceful coexistence of Speakup and Emacspeak

Dave Hunt < wx1g at attbi.com
Sun Mar 10 02:27:17 EST 2002

Hi,

I have speakup and emacspeak both available on this computer, and am
glad of that.  I'm using Emacspeak, now, with the sound card acting as
my synthesizer.  One cannot do this, yet, with speakup.  While setting
the Linux side of this machine up, I didn't have the sound card
working under Linux for quite a while.  It was only with the help of
Speakup and this list that I was able to fix this.  If you can have
both, do it!

-Dave